You can choose to allow students to complete requirements in any order, or you can require them to move through the module sequentially. A requirement to move through module items sequentially relates to the order items are listed on the Modules page, not the order displayed in Module Settings. If you have multiple iterations of an module item, you can set different requirements for each item.
Module requirements are displayed in the order that they exist as module items. You may need to reorder module items so that the requirements are set correctly.
Depending on the module item type, requirements include up to five options:
- View the item: Students must view the item.
- Mark as done: Students must mark the module item as done before they can progress to the next item. (This one is the most confusing for students and not recommended.)
- Contribute to the page: Students must post a reply to a non-graded discussion or contribute content to a page (make sure students are allowed to edit pages in the course).
- Submit the assignment: Students must submit an assignment, post a reply to a graded discussion, or submit a quiz. (Bearface does not allow you to manually enter a grade to fulfill this requirement; a submission must be made by the student.)
- Score at least: Students must meet a minimum submission score. With this option, an additional field appears where you can enter the minimum score that students must earn. This option is available for all graded assignment types.
You can also set up prerequisite modules and require students to complete each module in order.
In Course Navigation, click the Modules link.
Locate the name of the module and click the Settings icon . Select the Edit link .
Click the Add Requirement link.
Select Requirement Type
When adding requirements, you can choose whether to allow students to complete all requirements, or one of a series of requirements. By default, Modules selects the all requirements option . To require students to complete only one requirement, click the Student must complete one of these requirements radio button .
Set Item Requirements
By default, Modules populates the first requirement as the first item in the module . To select a different module item, click the item menu. For the module item, click the requirement menu .
To add additional requirements, click the Add Requirement button .
To remove a requirement, click the Remove icon .
Note: If you have multiple iterations of an module item, you can set different requirements for each item.
Require Sequential Order
If you want to require students to complete each module item in order, click the Students must move through requirements in sequential ordercheckbox.
Note: The Students must move through requirements in sequential order checkbox will not be shown if the Students must complete one of these requirements radio button is selected.
Click the Update Module button.
View the module requirement type  and the item requirements  for the module.
Please sign in to leave a comment.