One of the challenges facing both students and instructors is keeping track of all of the assignments planned throughout the term.
Helpful tips about the calendar:
- The Calendar is used for reminding students of graded Assignments with specific due dates. To provide students with detailed descriptions of how synchronous class time will be used, consider using Pages or customizing the Course Home Page.
- The Calendar automatically syncs with other features in Bearface, such as Assignments, Syllabus, and Grades, so if you create, change, or delete the due date of an Assignment on the Calendar, it will show up in all the others and vice versa. You can change dates easily by dragging and dropping assignments from one date to another.
As an instructor, use the Calendar to:
- View and create activities in your course as well as events and personal reminders; you can also filter the calendar view to only see specific calendars
- Quickly add Assignments to a blank course. Fill in the details of those Assignments later
- Adjust the dates of Assignments that have been imported from previous terms. Canvas makes it easy to drag and drop events across multiple months
- Copy the iCal feed for all of your courses and import it to your preferred personal Calendar, such as Google or Outlook
- Schedule appointments with students using the Scheduler (optional feature)