For Instructors who want to use Safe Exam Browser to lock-down student testing, you will need to do the following set-up:
Instructions for the Instructor:
- If you will be using the Safe Exam Browser for any quizzes and/or tests for the semester, create an instructions page that is required to be viewed before the first quiz/test can be accessed.
- Copy and paste the information provided in the For the Student Instruction Page section below into the instructions page.
- On each quiz/test page, add [SEB] to the top of the Quiz description page. This will will make it so that only students who have downloaded, installed, and configured their Safe Exam Browser will be able to take the quiz test.
- Safe Exam Browser only works on Windows and MAC. Currently, there is no support for Chromebook.
For the Student Instruction Page
- Download and install the Safe Exam Browser on your computer.
- Once you have the Safe Exam Browser installed, download Test.seb. This is the configuration file. Click on the file to configure your Safe Exam Browser to work with Bearface.
- The Safe Exam Browser will launch and you will be taken to the Bearface Login page.
- If you get a pop-up about the configuration settings, click Continue.
- All students will need to have verified their account and created a password to access the test. The default launch page is the Bearface login screen. If you haven't created a password, please check you student email for an account verification email from email@example.com. The account verification email will have a link for you to complete account set-up and create a password.
- You will need to launch the Safe Exam Browser to login and access your quizzes/tests. If you are not logged in via the Safe Exam Browser, you will not be able to access your quiz/test.